So, you may be wondering, “Dame, where have you been? Seriously, it’s been almost a month.” Well, seeing as how most of you don’t know me personally, you’re probably not aware that I’ve been doing my internship for graduate school since January. That’s on top of my regular full-time job & part-time school. So for the past 7+ months I’ve been working 50+ hours every week plus another 3-4 for school. And I’ve really been feeling it for the last month. Before I tried to use whatever free time I had to play games and stick to my regular hobbies, but this was at the cost of some serious sleep deprivation. Consistently getting only four hours of sleep every day was literally killing me. So for the past month I’ve hardly touched any games. I haven’t really done anything outside of work but sleep. I think the only gaming I’ve done has been setting up mods in Skyrim. Hell, I haven’t even kept up with any real gaming news — mainly so I wouldn’t feel bad about not being able to report on it.
But all of this will be coming to an end shortly. This is my last week at my internship. Hallelujah! So my schedule should be getting back to normal. At least until Spring, when I’m hoping to get my last internship placement. And I intend to make the most of it. Of course, this means getting back to my regular posting schedule.
I feel kinda bad just leaving the blog hanging. I know no one’s waiting with baited breath for my next post, but I do take pride in my work.
So here’s a few things I’ve got planned coming up:
- More recent news posts. Upcoming games.
- First Impression post for Tomb Raider 1
- Finishing Dragon’s Dogma (I’m on the last dungeon)
- First Impression post for Zone of the Enders HD Collection
- My Modded Skyrim
- More in-depth topics. I’m already planning one on religion in gaming. Also expect some game plot analyses.
- Hopefully after finishing Dragon’s Dogma, I’ll be playing Saints Row 4 as my personal choice.
- I’ve also been thinking about doing Character Diagnosis, using the real-life manual for diagnosing mental illnesses for some game characters.
So those are my plans for now. I’m hoping to get back to two or three posts a week. Expect the next post around Thursday for Friday.